We're a month into the New Year now. How are you sticking to those goals you made at the beginning of 2018? If you found yourself slipping back into old habits, don't be too hard on yourself. The start of any habit change has its moments of ups and downs, and it's easy to lose motivation when you don't see results right away.
Take a moment to evaluate your current goals or habit changes and determine if they are worth keeping or not. Ask yourself these questions when evaluating:
1. Is my current plan of action helping me attain this goal or habit change?
2. Is this goal realistically attainable to achieve in the time frame I initially set for it?
3. Am I feeling overwhelmed by all of these goals? Do I need to scale back to focus on just a few for now?
Now that you've taken a closer look at your current goals, do any of them need to be modified or completely changed? Fine tune your plan accordingly to readjust for any changes or new goals that came to mind.
If you're stumped on making goals or are looking for simple habit changes for 2018, here are some to consider:
• Drink at least 64 ounces of water daily.
• Exercise at least 3 times a week.
• Walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
• Do yoga 2-3 times a week.
• Making lunch at home ahead of time instead of eating out.
• Join a gym or fitness studio that will help you reach your fitness goals.
• Take a break from sugary beverages.
• Walk your dog every morning or evening.
• Never sit in the same position for long. Get up and stretch often.
• Focus on your posture at work, especially when sitting.
• Do your daily stretches.
• Take a break from gluten, dairy, and/or soy. Many folks unknowingly have sensitivities to foods they eat on a daily basis. Eliminate a couple of these food groups for a little bit (we suggest at least 30 days) and then slowly reintroduce those foods to see how you body responds to those food groups again.
We hope these goals or habit changes give you a good start for reaching your goals. If you're looking to make your health a priority in 2018, we at AFC are committed to helping you reach optimal health. Contact us today to start the journey of living a healthy life all year round.
P.S. Special shout out to our patient and January 2018 Giveaway Winner Kathy S.! Thank you for sharing your 2018 goals!